Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Kenwick Building Shoot

I went and shot a local skater Jesse Belrose last night at the Kenwick Building in Sarnia. I have seen the feature before, but I never thought to shoot it, until I came up with an idea to shoot it fisheye from the bottom of the set. I also didn't know if Jesse would be down to try this again just because he has been hurt a few times on it.

It was an akward spot to light up, the lighting underneath the building was real orange so I had to mess around with my white balance quite a bit just to see what one looked the best. also i changed the lighting with my flashes quite a bit of times before the end result just by moving them around through trial and error, but I had a good idea of where to put them already just knowing what it looked like before i went.

He tried this a few times, the first few times he went he just plain ollied over the rail, which was still incredible in a photo. He hadnt stomped it yet and everyone was ready to leave, and he just asked them to stay for one more try at it. He then went and did a melon grab over it and stomped it and rode away clean. The end result is really good considering it was my only shot at the melon grab.

You can view this photo on my site at
www.joelpilotte.com

Thanks,
-joel

No comments:

Post a Comment